A few days before Easter we had a video chat with my parents and the kids got to open their Easter baskets from Grammy and Papa.
These are the gifts from my parents. Can you say SPOILED?!
Maddie was thrilled to have another Veggie Tales DVD to add to the collection!
We spent Saturday afternoon with Quan's family and did a little egg hunt with Maddie. It was pretty cute to see her going around and trying to find all the eggs. She actually did pretty well finding most of them herself! We filled the eggs with little hair bows (she's all about accessories these days :D) and some snacks. Here's some cute pictures from Saturday:
I just love this one of Isaac and Grandpa :)
On Easter Sunday, we went to church with the kiddos in the morning.
I snapped this picture right before we left. Isaac was pretty excited about something :)
It's practically impossible to get a shot of the four of us in which everyone is looking at the camera at the same time!
I had planned on dying eggs with Maddie but since she was being a little stinker and didn't fall asleep for her nap until 4pm, I ended up doing them by myself. But I guess toddlers and egg dye probably don't mix anyway!
Once the kiddos were up from their naps, we enjoyed a nice family dinner together and I actually cooked something for once! But Maddie wouldn't eat any of it - so she had Mandarin oranges and cheese and crackers instead. We also put together little Easter baskets for the kids and they got to open them after we ate.
Our yummy dinner
Dessert!
Easter baskets from us
The kids opening their baskets:
Although we had such a fun time doing Easter things with the kids and our families, the best part of all is the reason behind all of the celebrating and this special time of the year to remember all that Christ has done for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment