Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dedication Sunday

About a month and a half ago, we had the privilege of dedicating the kids at our church.  We were planning on having Maddie dedicated when she was still a baby but just never got around to it.  After Isaac was born, we figured we'd dedicate both kids at the same time.  It worked out really well since both sets of grandparents were able to be present for the dedication. 


The kids dressed in their dedication outfits the morning before church

Our church typically does dedications during second service, which happens to be Isaac's usual nap time.  So we had a somewhat cranky boy on our hands.  We had to sit through the worship and announcements with a tired boy and a rambunctious toddler.  That was a bit of an adventure!  At some point, Maddie decided she wanted to run around instead of sit in her seat.  So I spent a good 20 minutes trying to keep her under control and of course we were sitting in the front row, so everyone could see her antics! 

It was a pretty special and humbling moment to go before our church family and God to present our children and commit to raise them to know Him and hopefully someday see them choose to follow Christ as their savior!  The pastor recounted the story of Hannah and I was reminded of what an amazing sacrifice she made to give up her long-awaited son for God's service.  I sometimes forget that although my children are truly a gift from God, they are still His!  

Picture during the dedication taken with my mom's iPhone

The dedication wasn't without some funny moments though!  At first, our pastor thought Isaac was a girl.  But I did have him dressed in a mint green cutesy romper thing so I could see the confusion.  I suppose I should have dressed him in blue instead!  And when we were getting ready to pray, Maddie starts making monkey noises.  I'm not sure if anyone could hear her except for the people on stage, but it was still a little embarrassing!


 
Picture of the four of us after the dedication

Poor Isaac completely passed out on the drive home.  We put him down for a much needed nap and then had lunch with my parents and Quan's family, including Uncle Brandon and Aunt Eugenia.  It was a really special day for us and we were so glad to be able to share it with our families!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment